Dream Theater - Greatest Hit (...and 21 other pretty cool songs) CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

2 stars Great songs; pointless compilation album.

Frankly, I do not know what to say about this one. The songs here are good. But taken out of their respective albums, I think they loose their purposes. This compilation album also falls flat on it's face because the live albums more or less covers these songs anyway. And the live versions is better than the studio versions. This compilation album can therefore be regarded as a rip-off. I would therefore recommend newbies to start with one of the live albums instead of this compilation album.

The quality of the songs are all great. But I see no purpose of this compilation album whatsoever. 3.75 stars for the songs. 1 star for the idea.

2 stars