Yugen - Yugen Plays Leddi - Uova Fatali CD (album) cover

4 stars Well, just a short little bit about this album. As the other reviewers have already said, this sure isn't anything like Yugen's first offering. In fact, I don't think you could tell they're the same band if you listened to them back to back.

But, this is glorious music. I respect a band (I personally know how hard this is to do) for picking up, and changing direction - especially out of respect to such an unheralded artist as is Leddi (and Stormy Six for that matter.) The interplay between instruments is humorous and grand. The production is modern, therefore maybe a bit sterile , but very, very clean and precise.

Since I have just been blown away by the RIO stuff for the last year or so, this is a welcome addition to the Yugen catalogue!

Thank you Yugen for giving so much to such a fine composer. And, as always, THANKS to Progarchives for existing!

tmay102436 | 4/5 |