Mahavishnu Orchestra - The Inner Mounting Flame  CD (album) cover

Mahavishnu Orchestra

5 stars My first Mahavishnu Orchestra album - what a nice music! I heard McLaughlin before in different combinations, starting from his old duet with Santana and finishing his fresh live concert in my town with Five Pieces Band. I liked him as very technical guitarist and intelligent music maker. Here I found one more his ability -guitar hero!

First MO album is melted energy, I never before or after heard McLaughlin playing so heavy electric solos. All album is one gem. Perfect musicians, but anyway-it is mainly McLaughlin star hour.

This music is attractive to wide circle of music lovers-from heavy rock guitar heroes fans till jazz gourmans. Very different, with plenty of melodies, rhythm changes, perfect arrangements, but - mainly guitar fusion album.

Never before I thought that guitar can be so important in 70-th fusion. I think EVERYONE interested in fusion,jaz-rock or just guitar virtuoso music should have this album. CLASSIC OF THE STYLE!

snobb | 5/5 |