Lobster Newberg - Vernal Equinox CD (album) cover

Lobster Newberg

4 stars Excellent debut of this North American band. In their first work Vernal.Equinox bring to us a very complex - but not "indigestible" - ecletic prog, mixing, a bit of space prog in Pink Floyd vein mainly in certain vocals passages (listen the first track), something of art-rock and mostly heavy-prog demonstrate a great influence of Uriah Heep in almost all tracks. I said wich in spite this suit of "inspirations" the music is not "indigestible", due to the fact of the themes are relatively shorts and the songs flowing in a direct structure, predicate wich turns easy the audience even in the first contact. For this reason my rate is 4 stars, stand out my wish to give - if possible 4,5 stars !!!
maryes | 4/5 |