Hella - Hold Your Horse Is CD (album) cover

HOLD YOUR HORSE IS

Hella

Post Rock/Math rock

JTP88
2 stars This is not for me. Sure I do find interesting the fact that this is absolutely unusual, the great ability of Zach Hill, the incredible complexity of the music and everything else, but I just can't, and I really can't, enjoy this. This lacks any kind of melody, I can't feel any intensity in the music, it's like there's a robot playing non-stop with absolutely no sense of dynamics, I can't find in the whole album one riff or passage to hold on to, it just seems nonsensical and random, and it's very disturbing.

I understand that for people who are into math rock and all its "antics", this is an absolute masterpiece, but, as a fan of progressive rock in general, I find it very hard to treat this as a good work, well, at least for me.

JTP88 | 2/5 |