Dream Theater - The Number Of The Beast CD (album) cover

Dream Theater

3 stars I bought the original Iron Maiden version a long while back so this Live recording is a bit of nostalgia. I must say that Dream Theater's tightness and musicianship shine out in whatever they attempt and this effort is no different. The versions of 22 Acacia Avenue and Hallowed be thy Name are far superior to the original versions. The use of Rudess's keyboards is a big plus point for me and obviously Petrucci shines as usual and his soloing is exemplatory! Overall an entertaining CD and one worth having for nostalgic listening - Iron Maiden with synthesizers - woooo - I have to give this three stars at least....
M27Barney | 3/5 |