Shadow Circus - Welcome to the Freakroom CD (album) cover

Shadow Circus

2 stars Pfft.

Looking for new talents is always a pleasure and generates excitement for me. Here, there and everywhere; bands are legions claiming to have something special to offer.

Not the case here.

Shadow Circus is not giving a new face to music, not by a second. If you're not giving a new face, at least give something to chew on. I really tried to give this album a chance, therefore I can say this with a clear conscience: I'm bored. The songs are plain and lack 'freak impact'. I mean, this is supposed to be a freak room, right? Where's the insanity? Where's the madness, the edge?

The songs are sliding from FM 90's style to pseudo-western, I don't know; it's hard to listen through, mainly because of the leader's incapacity to sing and the lack of creativity from the band. Heard this 1000 times over, and better at that. Just plain ordinary next-door-neighboor stuff with a really horrible cover.

Sprinkle some madness next time.

Menswear | 2/5 |