Manuel Göttsching - Inventions For Electric Guitar CD (album) cover

Manuel Göttsching

3 stars Electric guitars and echo-devices are a match made in heaven. I don't care if there's a chimp sitting with an echoplex, banging on some strings, I'll still listen to it. So naturally, when a dude like Manuel Gottsching has a go at it, I'm completely sold. This is just a great, tranced-out album... not only do you have the whole pulsing guitar deal, but at the end of each long track, you get a completely fried electric solo that puts the whole thing over the edge. For headphones, or background music, or music to fall asleep to -- forget "airport music" and come get the good stuff!
corbet | 3/5 |