Thessera - Fooled Eyes CD (album) cover

FOOLED EYES

Thessera

Marty McFly
Crossover and E&O Teams
4 stars There is something bigger, an important thing which this band offers pleasant surprise, in dimly lit metal waters. Yeah, these waters are quite polluted by unoriginality, which, as a myth, Fooled Eyes broke.

Probably the guitar solos and ""Dream Theater in our way of doing thing"" music. OK, it's easy (oh, they just sung line of lyrics "it's not esy" but believe me, it is), I quite like Dream Theater, I rate them very high, but at times, I wish they would do the music little bit different, but as I said, from time to time. And this is it. I don't say that they're clone of each other with few things made other way, but the rest same. No. They're exploring possibilities of prog metal in places where I haven't heard many bands before. Because of this, it sounds fresh and new. But same in matter of melody. Sadly, when somebody is compared to DT, he fails at ""who's better musician, who can play his instrument better." test. But it's unfair to think like that, because they play quite good.

4(+) unless you hate prog metal, it's excellent choice