Änglagård - Hybris CD (album) cover

5 stars When I first heard this a couple of years ago, I was in the mood for more-complex-than Zeuhl music. Luckily, this album had classical music scales but (in a way) interesting new complex time signatures. In the aesthetic sense, this album has a romantic quality but tends to be beautiful reminiscent to late 19th century / early 20th centuru symphonies rather than the Chopin type of song. Flutes explode for a scandinavian world-music touch. A marvellous achievement both musically and stilistically. My personal favourite would be Kung Bore. Also there are some classical guitar passages to be remembered. I love playing the songs besides listening to them. It is a wonderful experience.
aSimionescu | 5/5 |