Blue Effect (Modrý Efekt; M. Efekt) - Modrý Efekt & Radim Hladík CD (album) cover

MODRÝ EFEKT & RADIM HLADÍK

Blue Effect (Modrý Efekt; M. Efekt)

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars So far, I'm the only one from my country to review it. However, there is one guy from Slovakia, so even these guys are mostly Czechs, we were one country in these times. But still, I'm glad that I can review this one. It's also first album I've ever heard, while Čajovna in version from Klobouček is first track heard.

Boty (Boots, or maybe shoes, it's not certain) has wonderful guitar solo in the beginning. If something confirms that this is masterpiece, then it's this track. And then, flute work by Jiří Stivín (he's respected jazz flutist here, even now). After this, they're not dueling, more like working back to back, together to heights of musical craftsmanship. But my personal favourite (due to long time addiction) is Čajovna, or should I say (The Tea Room). Simply killer melody, enigmatic and even better in live performation.

5(+) for one of the best works from my country and also great fusion of jazz and rock.

Marty McFly | 5/5 |