Il Balletto di Bronzo - Sirio 2222 CD (album) cover

SIRIO 2222

Il Balletto di Bronzo

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Prog_Veteran
2 stars Forget the 5 stars classic "YS", This "sirio 2222" is completely different, it has only hard'n blues cuts. A nice album but totally out from prog context.

Italy began to create classic prog albums I guess with : THE TRIP (s/t, ***; 1970) and "Caronte"(****; 1971), NEW TROLLS "concerto Grosso nš 1" (***1/2; 1971), PLANETARIUM "infinity" (***1/2, 1971 ? Attention : Planetarium "infinity" is the MOST avant- garde prog album I ever know, as only after 1973 I began to listen some similar kind of music !!) , PANNA FREDDA "uno", (1971; ***1/2), LE ORME "collage" (***; 1971 -The 1969 "ad Glorian' Le Orme is not progre), FORMULA 3 "dies irae", (1970 see review please) and NUOVA IDEA " in the beginning" as far as I know. PFM first album is from 1972, which is, in fact, the BOOM year for Rock Progressivo italiano. From 1972 to 1975 is the paradise golden age in italian prog.

Prog_Veteran | 2/5 |