Demians - Building An Empire CD (album) cover

BUILDING AN EMPIRE

Demians

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars Really surprise, French artist singing in English language (and well as far as I can tell), having name which sounds like a band, but it's in fact one man project. OK, I'm in, so where's the catch ? Nowhere, that's it. Only (and quite big) problem of this album is that it sounds similar. Same thing as in case of "Not From This World", where I first encountered it, but in both cases I like it. I suppose that sometimes is it to good of whole thing. End of track Sapphire is unnecessarily heavy and repetitive (if it's not part of masterplan, which I didn't get), that I must mention, but after all, if it's just one track, then I'm happy. Oh, end part of one track only.

But when I listen these tracks closely, one after another, randomly skipping between and trying to compare one to all another, then move for another one for comparing, I don't see these traits here. They're not similar at all, but they seemed to when listening in normal way, from track 1 to final, eight. Fortunately, I don't know Oceansize, so I can't compare. Strings, that's it. Fits perfectly here, they're not just cheap trick how to gain attention, they simply fit.

5(-), this is empire which will not fall soon, this will prevail.

Marty McFly | 5/5 |