Gong - Radio Gnome Invisible Vol. 3 - You CD (album) cover

Gong

Canterbury Scene

friso
5 stars Gong's Radio Gnome Invisisble vol.3: YOU

Somehow I don't know what to say about this record. Some consider it Gong's canterbury period masterpiece and they might be right. Though less eclectic than vol 1 & 2 it is one of the most intensive progrecords I own. If you love those long Canterbury/jazzy space jams this your heaven. The cover of this record always made me shiver... it's so spooky, so intelligent, so supersticious.. I love it! The best artwork I own. It serves the music well.

Both sides start with a few minutes of strange Daevid Allen kind of songs. After that the long space jams begin. Soloinstruments are wind, guitars, senthisizors and again the great drums of Pierre Moerlen. Some very inspiring lyrics are sung by Allen on Master Builder (inspired by Erik von Daniker's Chariot of the Gods?) and You will never blow yr trip forever.

If you want some magic in you house and you have a mindset that can accept the fact that you have to let the music be what it is, you might enjoy this endlessly. Someone said the record was not to be understood and he might have been right.

Five stars for this strangly perfect record!

friso | 5/5 |