Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) - Storia Di Un Minuto CD (album) cover

STORIA DI UN MINUTO

Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM)

Rock Progressivo Italiano

snobb
3 stars PFM is named the best Italian Progresive (RPI) band. There is their debut album right now.The music is as usual for italian neo-classical musicians very melodic and pfofessional. You can hear neo-classical pieces with some earlier rock arrangements. If you like it, I believe, this album is very strong example of it.

It's pity, but I affraid that I like more "rock" in progresive rock music. So, even understanding how high quality is this music, it doesn't take me deeply. Sorry.

I like some classical music sometimes, so , looking from that side, I realy hear plenty of beautiful harmonies and originality in this early music of PFM. But from other hand, when I listen classic, I prefer true classic, when we are speaking about rock, it will be nice to find more rock sounds there. Classic melodies, acoustic beauties, very sweet and soft sound ( all italian beauties in one place), so - what about rock there?

Too often it reminds me of popular translation of classical music to listeners, for whom real classical sound is too complex and boring. Good job, but - what about rock?

So, all in all, I think ( because of my very personal point of view) this is beautiful and original sympho - sympho - rock ( what means plenty of sympho and few rock accessories). If you like it, it's perfect example, if you prefer more rock in your prog, just leave it.

snobb | 3/5 |