Jon & Vangelis - The Friends of Mr. Cairo CD (album) cover

Jon & Vangelis

4 stars Don't think this album is prog-rock. I just think this album is good example of really good music. The best name will be "art-pop" I think, but who cares about the name.

I like some earlier works of Vangelis, later he became too official, too new age, too ... boring. Anderson was perfect voice in many Yes albums, his solo works are not so interesting. May be just debut album is acceptable, all others are just boring new age.

But in this rare combination of Anderson and Vangelis, we have absolutely unique music: each of members gave his best in it.

I believe, that some listeners will say that music is too pop-oriented there ( or not enough progresive). I agree with it looking from formal point of view. But in real world we have hundreds of "ideologically " pure proggers, which are just regular clones of second level sympho - boring - imitators, so I always prefer that kind of art-pop ( ok, let use this name).

If you like really beatiful music, I believe you will like this album.

snobb | 4/5 |