Eureka - Shackleton's Voyage CD (album) cover

2 stars I noticed this album on the 2009 Top Albums and I was very surprised it was sitting within the top 10. This album is terribly bland. Maybe it's my taste towards a lot of Neo-Prog, but I just felt there were no solid, captivating melodies for the album to really sit on. It's a really easy listen, but not one song stood out to me and really caught my attention. Everything was very simple, boring, and completely predictable. Nothing startling here. It's difficult for me to tell what they were attempting to get across in their music, 'cause I got nothing out of it. Music definitely needs to make a statement, and this just had nothing. Nothing is to gain from listening to this album, however, you only lose about 51 minutes of your lifespan on an emotionless and amateur album. Enjoy.
jpgarcia7787 | 2/5 |