Kate Bush - Hounds of Love CD (album) cover

HOUNDS OF LOVE

Kate Bush

friso
2 stars Okey, sure this is nice popmusic... but these ratings seem to be out of context here. Everything about this record is electronic except for the vocals. There is no band, only Kate Bush and some equipment. The drums are electronic as well. This ain't a very good starting point for me, for I dislike records without bands playing on them.

The songs are good and catchy, which is the frustrating about this record. If they had only recorded it differently with some arrangements. Bush's vocals are inspiring and very 'real', they do make you feel she's honest with us. You could turn this on when your girlfriend's over, but this is by no means very essential for the progressive rock collecters among us. If you have much wider view on music then you might try is likable poprecord.

Two stars for me. This is for fans of Kate Bush or people who like catchy popmusic with something extra.

friso | 2/5 |