Blackmore's Night - Shadow Of The Moon CD (album) cover

Blackmore's Night

Prog Folk

2 stars I bought this first Richie's album ( in fact as solo album) many years ego. My expectation was to hear some extra guitar music from Deep Purple and Rainbow guitar hero.

What did I get instead? Collection of mostly acoustic folk ballades! OK, nice melodies, theatrical middle ages atmosphere, few simplistic guitar solos, some pretty back vocals. That's all!

I don't think that this music is bad, but for sure you don't need to be a legendary Richie Blackmore for playing this naive,theatrical and often childish ballads.

I believe, that the project was born just to support Blackmore's girlfriend of the moment C. Night, so his name was good marketing trick. But I honestly believed that it's a beginning and the end of side-track of great musician. I made a mistake,you know now.

Once again, the music isn't so bad, but very simplistic, songs are each other, the level of musicanship is very basic. Can see on it as amateurs musicanship, but not the serious work.

Ian Anderson support the project playing flute. It didn't help