Rare Bird - Rare Bird CD (album) cover

RARE BIRD

Rare Bird

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Iceberg starts with (how to define it), not so strong organ solo, while evolving slowly into faster pace. Some tracks actually reminds me "Greenslade", what about Melanie, of course, that's not only similarity, the biggest one are two, sometimes duelling, sometimes one supporting another keyboards. You either love them, or they will make listening this music unbearable. My case is first choice, I like their sound, reminding me past, almost ancient times of rock music. And even in this year it could easily sound old. Vocals are good, sometimes, can be pleasant for someone, while terrible for other. Some songs could be sung better though, but that's matter of personal taste. As normal guitars are missing, bass sound is prominent (when you know what to look for and where). It's weird combination, but it works, somehow.

4(-), so, organ solos instead of guitar ones, that's not usual thing. But we should differ old from old. Old sound is good, but old flaws are not. Times, blues organ song ?

Marty McFly | 4/5 |