Kate Bush - Never For Ever CD (album) cover

NEVER FOR EVER

Kate Bush

snobb
4 stars It is the first Kate Bush album I ever listened. It happened in early eightees when I got this second hand LP made by EMI Sweden. After first listening I was hypnotised!

Perfect melodies, beautiful melodies, unigue voice, very competent arrangements. But most important - this music had a magic in it! Acoustic intros, voice nuances, emotive and romantic, but never sweet - what a miracle!

"Babooshka", midtempo melodic balad, acoustic piano line - I love this song till now very much. "Army Dreamers" - another high point, with interesting lyrics, "Breathing " atmosphere song with interesting texture...

Till now, this is the best Kate Bush album for me! I can't accept easy their more new works ( too many synth sound, too pop-oriented). But this one is her masterpiece. May be not too proggy, but beautiful strange music.

snobb | 4/5 |