The Heads - 33 CD (album) cover

Psychedelic/Space Rock

DamoXt7942
Forum & Site Admin Group
Moderator / Psych Team
2 stars The HEADS with 20 coloured hair...?

This EP 33 - Part 1-20 gained a huge variety of material The HEADS had dropped on the ground as outtakes. As they have said on their website, 33 "features jams and weird stuff recorded on mini disc in our rehearsal room". Indeed, from here we can pick plenty of "sounds" - spacey and danceable grooves, keen repetitive metalslashes causing earache, synth-organised noises like female shouts, and a mischievous guitar solo of simply monotonous play, etc. etc.

To be funny, ANYWHERE we can drop a needle of the record player. That is, every beginning of the sounds should be absolutely natural, without any hesitation, and everything we can pick up on the EP should be The HEADS itself...trust me, not kiddin'. But basically this EP is an eclectic picture of HEADSache. For all beginners of The HEADS, it's much better to enjoy some of their "real" albums surely. As a HEADSmania, I cannot recommend this terribly eccentric EP as a starter.

Oh, of course, HEADSmanias can be remarkably maniac. Lose your HEAD(S) like me.

P.S. I give this EP only 2 stars' evaluation for "normal" psychedelic / space rock fans. I love this much, though. :-)

DamoXt7942 | 2/5 |