Energit - Piknik CD (album) cover

PIKNIK

Energit

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Jazz, fusion, or something with funky sounds, more like everything at all, with Santana-like guitar solos.

As instrumental pieces, these tracks present quite innovative melodies, which are sometimes hidden so well, that you don't hear any melody at all. I feel need to say that "Luboš Andršť" is rated as one of the best Czech guitarists (oh yeah, our country has few of these remarkably best ones), as shown in acoustic, flamenco-like solo in JarnÝ rovnodennost (Solstice), which offers the better side of this record.

What brings me to negatives, problem is that I don't hear any. Maybe problem of jazz itself, that it has parts, where nothing's going on. But that's just first look (hear), when you listen closely and concentrate your mind, you'll see these hidden relations between certain parts, which forms musical composition. Indeed, one of the best jazz music from Czech Republic, I even didn't know about this for a long time, but it's over now.

4(-), because it's very good jazz album. But not so good for me, as I'm not the best jazz listener, in fact I'm far from being the best and I'm still so called jazz apprentice. I'm trying, but it's coming slowly. But I can see perfection in this and because of this, final rating is 4.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |