Rick Wakeman - The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table CD (album) cover

THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Rick Wakeman

Bonnek
Prog Metal Team
1 stars Right, Wakeman goes musical. As I have an avid revulsion of the hollow theatricality of musicals (please feel free to convince me there is at least one worth hearing), I can't find anything enjoyable about this release. The songs are badly written, the singing is horrible and, as usual with rock music embracing an orchestra, the instrumentation is even worse. Complete kitsch and cheap sentimentalism.

By the way, isn't that Richard Kleiderman on the piano in Merlin the Magician? (which is one of the few songs that has a few interesting bars by the way). And oh dear! What are those annoying mosquito sounds? "That would be a moog mr. Bonnek, the sacred synth of holy prog! Shame on you!" No thanks, if I want moog I'll put on a Klaus Schulze platter. Now you come to mention it, I'll put on "Dark Side of the Moog VII" right away. I need something to shake off this frightening experience.

Bonnek | 1/5 |