Rick Wakeman - The Myths And Legends Of King Arthur And The Knights Of The Round Table CD (album) cover

THE MYTHS AND LEGENDS OF KING ARTHUR AND THE KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE

Rick Wakeman

Hercules
1 stars I spent much of my early years in prog listening to The Six Wives Of Henry VIII and loved it, despite it being a bit over the top in parts. So I looked forward to the follow ups with pleasure. Journey was pretty mediocre but surely he'd sort it out next time out.

Nope, he didn't. Myths is probably the most pompous, pretentious album ever. The composition is amateurish, the orchestration poor, the lyrics laughable and the vocals........well, if ever there were 2 vocalists who simply can't sing in tune, Ashley Holt and Gary Pickford-Hopkins are they. I'd rather listen to a cat being neutered. Rick plays a few worthwhile solos, but the only track worth listening to is Merlin, despite the excruciating banjo-driven section in the middle.

This is one that's getting the lowest grade. Avoid like the plague.

Hercules | 1/5 |