Rainbow Theatre - Fantasy Of Horses CD (album) cover

FANTASY OF HORSES

Rainbow Theatre

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Two ways: 1)I don't get this album 2)There's not much to get. This is definitely jazz rock, by my standards at least. I simply fails to hear symphonic parts here. Or they aren't here at all. But they were on last album, but this, this is just jazz rock.

And not good one though. Is it fair to compare this to Miles David ? Probably not, but both have similarities. But it's not pure jazz, or more like - it draws elements from more styles. There's little bit (OK, I admit) of symphonic sounds, but trumpet sometimes reminds me "Godspeed You Black Emperor", but just a little bit.

This is quite hard album to fully appreciate, but give it few listens and you'll see. You'll soon find symphonic beauty in part Big Time, or baroque singing and old atmosphere (old is good) in Theater.

4(-), weird one, confusing and also promising. Let it grow in your head and you'll see.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |