Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso - Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso CD (album) cover

BANCO DEL MUTUO SOCCORSO

Banco Del Mutuo Soccorso

Rock Progressivo Italiano

toroddfuglesteg
3 stars A bit of a hard nut to crack, this one.

I am not particular experienced in Italian prog rock. It soon dawned on me that this album is not easy listening. It has some hidden depts and is multi-layered. The main impression though is that this majestic, grand symphonic prog. It is keyboards (Moog) driven with a lot of intricate shits of tempo and themes. The eighteen minutes long Il Giardino Del Mago has a lot of King Crimson and VDGG references. Peter Hammill & co is the nearest reference I can come up with. The music is pretty dark too. The darkness is pretty much due to the excellent vocals.

Quality wise, I am not falling over in joy. I think the band tries too many things at the same time. But it is still a great album though. I would almost give it four stars. I do not find any tracks that really make an imprint in my head and that is my main gripe with this album. But this band is a band I am very eager to check out. This is a very good debut album.

3.75 stars