Greenslade - Greenslade CD (album) cover

GREENSLADE

Greenslade

Sinusoid
2 stars I honestly could never get where this album was going or what the music was supposed to do. This keyboard soaked album has the utmost potential of being a prog rock classic, but the execution just sounds ''empty'' for lack of a better term.

There's no real feeling I have for GREENSLADE other than it really puts me to sleep, and that feeling occurs in just about every song. It's as if the music is in some sort of stupor; it comes across as blatanly monotone to my ears. Some bits stick out, mostly coming from ''An English Western'', but 75% of the album doesn't click with me whether it's the tempos being too slumpy or weak vocals or noninteresting mellotron thingys.

I don't get it. I'm sure there's plenty of progsters out there who will because of all the keyboard passages, bass fills and off metre shifts. It's one of those albums where I really cannot describe why it doesn't work with me; it just doesn't.

Sinusoid | 2/5 |