Steve Hackett - Defector CD (album) cover

DEFECTOR

Steve Hackett

Rashly
5 stars I really like "Defectror"...cover is incredible and also the music is on the top notch!...I was haunted since the flute intro of "The Steppes"..and then many beatiful melodies and voices tottaly catch my imagination...

I would describe the mood of record as "vampyric", so this album is unique - 100% vampyric prog, full of magic sounds and inspiration of S.Hackett band!

All songs are excellent in arrangements, maybe except "The Toast" - the same verse repeats 2 times, that was a strange decision, Steve should compose one more couplet for this song or reduce its lenght.

"Slogans" is fantastic song, very complex and fast, vocal phrase in the middle is really scary!

"Leaving" is magic song, vocals and melodies absolutely otherwordly.

"Two Vamps As Guests" classic guitar masterpiece.

Can't stop playing this album for fifteen years! Thanks a lot mr.Hackett!

Rashly | 5/5 |