Témpano - Selective Memory CD (album) cover

SELECTIVE MEMORY

Témpano

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Very unique album. When I see somewhere so high rating, I always think that it's little bit too overrated and am trying to make my own decision. Yep, it may be sign of quality, but I feel like being pushed to do something, rate in a way I don't want to. Yep, wise saying says: "When reviewing, don't look to reviews and ratings of others.". But after hearing this, I began to think that there's probably some truth in these high expectations.

Crossover prog indeed, but think about better meaning of this word (that it has a lot of prog styles inside, not that it's half prog, half pop for example), one of the most variable music that lies here. The Farmers is perfect example of how great song can be. Together with little bit of Latin rhythms (at least it seems like it to me), guitar solos, keyboard solos, melody twists, perfect vocal work (pleasant to hear, yet strong to prove you its worth). Or Iris, opposite to previous song, doing it in calm way, presenting something familiar, yet new and also in new way done.

5(-), word "interesting" is screaming all over the album. Instant love on first sigh(t), I mean listen.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |