Il Balletto di Bronzo - Ys CD (album) cover

YS

Il Balletto di Bronzo

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Menswear
4 stars Looking for a (mental) challenge?

Some love it, some hate it, some really hate it. It's a real step in your progressive development when you finally enjoy this record; it means you grew to a point where you can appreciate bizarre and incoherent material. It's a point I believe not many people aspire to reach because of the ton of chaos you have to digest to seize the goal. And Ys is about chaos at 90%, the rest is probably accidental melody. I don't believe that the keyboardist has the genie some claim to give him, but the drummer deserves a huge round of applause. This man has arms of iron and a back that can take damage beyond any metal bands I've heard. What a machine.

Creepy, eerie and dark, this album has the headache potential of the supreme Italian albums, that soooo many get discouraged just by looking at the cover.

If you get beyond this critic and enjoy it at last, you have what we call a real open mind.

Wherever you are Gianchi Stringa, we salute you.

Menswear | 4/5 |