Dunwich - Eternal Eclipse of Frost CD (album) cover

ETERNAL ECLIPSE OF FROST

Dunwich

Prog Folk

ZowieZiggy
2 stars Since every album sung in Italian belongs now to the RPI genre (hopefully elephants can't sing) this "Dunwich" album (third in their career) can be quite misleading for the ones who are expecting the passion and drama from the masters of Italian symph. But I already made this comment with some of their earlier releases.

Is it sufficient to performs some thirty seconds of a very guitar break while closing "Passagio?"? I don't think so. This album sounds heavier than their prior two ones (which were rather folk oriented). This is particularly true while listening to "Il Nostro Incanto" which is just a hard approach with little tact to tell the truth (even if the same comment than for "Passagio" is also confirmed (I mean a great guitar finale).

Some prog metal a la "Nightwish" are even available during the average reprise of "Il Vento Di Aran". You might have understood that this is not my favourite album of all times. There are tens of gems from the genuine Italian genre before you should bear this one. Actually, there is no real need to be addicted to this one.

Some fine and folkish moods are still available (but very scarce) like during the very good "Preparazione Al Trono" but overall the metal lines are gaining territories (and I'm not quite found of these): "La Veglia Degli Angeli"".

I guess that this album could please any of the "Nightwish" fans from this site. As far as I 'm concerned, two stars is the rating. Can't consider this as a good album. And I tried hard...

ZowieZiggy | 2/5 |