Änglagård - Hybris CD (album) cover

HYBRIS

Änglagård

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
5 stars I know that people talk a lot about this album. I also am aware that a lot of things has been said here and I believe that they're true. But I don't want to read them, I want to make my own opinion.

Just listen to this music, let it grow on me (already accomplished), or let it disappoint me (weird, it also happened). And if there's rock equivalent of classical music, it's Änglagård. Complex composition isn't descriptive enough. It's also interesting, you can clearly hear melody here, but also it's nothing "just-for-fans", everyone who's able to track 10 minutes song is capable of enjoying it. Well, it's not so hot with being melodic here, it's taken here more as side-effect, than real purpose and I keep being lost in this music from time to time, but one thing is for sure. This music is intriguing a lot and really have a lot to offer.

5(+), Absolute opposite to some endless copies, dull tunes about nothing and recycling of ideas. And proof that you don't have to be melodic to be interesting.

One of the most unique albums I've ever heard. And that's not nostalgia speaking, I know this one for just a year.

Marty McFly | 5/5 |