Flor de Loto - Flor De Loto CD (album) cover

Flor de Loto

Prog Folk

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Peru, mysterious country for Middle-European like myself. Full of dangerous jungles (60% of area?), still present traditions (native people, folk influences) and in general, feeling of different environment, society, history and so on. Simply, brave new world.

So for me, this is obscure, truly mysterious (little bit magical, because you know that South America is land of Magic Realism - Coelho and others), full of surprises and hidden influences. And new ideas. Ever since I heard El Cóndor Pasa, I wanted to hear more and here I am, listening to something I believe that can be perfect example of traditional folk music combined with prog rock.

One strange thing, this magic doesn't work in bad loudspeakers. This review is based solely on experience from expensive headphones. Well, most of my revs are done this way, but here I feel I should say it loud. Because loud one based review would be with 3 star rating.

So, we'll get folk jamming (new prog folk is mostly done with element of rock - bass, electric guitar), jazz tunes into it, but most unique instrument here would be flute. But not Ian Anderson style one, really, let's imagine Simon&Garf version of Condor and you know what I'm talking about. Beautiful cover, very nice one (this description could be for all their three albums)

4(+), but I think that Mr. Melgar would enjoy this much more.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |