Yes - BBC Sessions 1969-1970 Something's Coming (2 Cds) CD (album) cover

BBC SESSIONS 1969-1970 SOMETHING'S COMING (2 CDS)

Tarcisio Moura
1 stars My review here refers to the Millenium Collection single CD, not the 2 CD BBC sessions.

A collection of Yes 2 first albums? Again? Even if now I know those songs came from BBC Sessions, the quality has not improved. In fact, they are quite poor. If I wanted a selection of early tunes Iīd pick up Yesterdays. At least Yesterdays had a non LP track to boost it at the time (their version of Paul Simonīs America, available only as a single or on a compliation os Atlanticīs roosters then) plus a b side, Dear Father. This one does not have a single unissued tune to make it at least a bit interesting. Besides, they coud have at least included much more material (where are the fine songs The Prophet and Harold Land?). I can understand Yesterdays having some time limitations since it was originally released in vinyl, but whatīs the excuse for this one? I think that Yes first two albums are worth having as a whole, even if they are far from perfect. But if you want a compilation of those, Yesterdays is still your best choice. Millenium Collection is just a greedy attempt to cash in, giving it with a misleading title. Donīt be fooled by it. This one is to be avoid at all costs. Zero stars.

P.S I recently heard the complete BBC Sessions 1969-1970. While far from perfect (the sound quality is of an old bootleg quality), it has some historical interest and it may be worth for the Yes hardcore fans or competionists. But only for them.

Tarcisio Moura | 1/5 |