Crimson Glory - Transcendence CD (album) cover

Crimson Glory

4 stars The best Crimson Glory album. Very beautiful and competent mix of power metal and early prog metal. Important mark in american metal history. But is it original work?

Twenty something years ago I was heavy fan of NWOBHM ( New Wave Of British Heavy Metal). So, I perfectly knew all early Iron Maiden albums and Judas Priest works as well. The music you can listen on "Transcedence" is good american version of early Iron Maiden works. With a bit slower tempo and some additional melodism ( and few high vocal notes borrowedn from Judas Priest vocalist). Does it means, that the album is bad? No way!

Perfectly played different songs with excelent voice and generally good arrangements ( I just don't like a bit simplistic drums there). Just not too much original.

I like to listen that album even now. Ok, in some moments you can think you are listening to Iron Maiden, but - is this bad mistake? Sounds more as compliment to Crimson glory!

I believe this album should find a place in any serious collection of early prog metal. Without ambitions to originaly, for sure.

snobb | 4/5 |