Porcupine Tree - Time Flies CD (album) cover

TIME FLIES

Porcupine Tree

Conor Fynes
2 stars 'Time Flies' - Porcupine Tree (Single)

After having given many listens to Porcupine Tree's latest masterpiece 'The Incident,' I can fully appreciate every track and every moment's worth to the fullest. However, with the release of this 'radio edit' single, my first impressions and thoughts for what 'The Incident' might be were a bit bleak. 'Time Flies' (the radio single at least) is very repetitive and sounds far too much like Floyd's 'Dogs' without much original input.

When the full product came along however, 'Time Flies' impressed me. All of the musical elements they edited out of the radio/music video version gave the song a very listenable variety that helped make the song that much more enjoyable. I hold an extra grudge against this edit, as it really shook my faith in what would turn out to be an excellent album.

'Time Flies' is alot better in it's full length, but at least for the interesting video that coincides with this radio edit, this gets two stars.

Conor Fynes | 2/5 |