Renaissance - Live At Carnegie Hall CD (album) cover

5 stars This album is the highlight of symphonic rock in the seventies. When Anne Haslam joined the band things really took off. All the albums since then are great, upto this live registration. I especially like the epic song 'Scheherazade'. The way the song is introduced by an telling the story from a thousand and one Arabian nights is funny and I like the way the crowd reacts.

I must admit that I would rather have heard 'a trip to the fair' in stead of a 5 minute base-solo that really isn't very good.

Nevertheless, this album is a milestone in symphonic rock. At times it's more symphonic than rock though. The music of Renaissance is never very agressive and has a more mellow sound than many others in that period (mid seventies).

Although the recording could technically have sounded better (I think 'A live record' from Camel is much better in that department), musically it is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

5 stars!