Progression by Failure - Progression by Failure CD (album) cover

PROGRESSION BY FAILURE

Progression by Failure

Menswear
3 stars Hand made with pride.

More and more solo projects are given birth these days, and many has a high level of quality; I'm thinking Willowglass and now Progression by Failure.

Some songs are kinda skinny, or maybe I'm not familiar with the style; many proggers are referring to Jarre and Oldfield, big names indeed! I was expecting maybe something thicker in textures, maybe some guitars. The drums are of course done very simply, and frankly it bugs me a bit.

But I'm saying:'Come on man, give a guy a chance. He's all alone. He excels in piano and keyboards, he cannot be everywhere!' And it's true: songs like Solitude of Winter are really painting the nostalgia of being lonely in the cold winter, thanks to a very nice melody.

Overall, the job of doing everything alone is giving me heartburns just thinking about it. So kudos to Progression by Failure for a decent job with catchy melodies and great keyboard.

Merci à toi Nicolas, tu as relevé un défi difficile avec brio. Continue ton super travail, on anticipe ton prochain disque!

Menswear | 3/5 |