Al Di Meola - Casino CD (album) cover

Al Di Meola

Prog Metal Team
3 stars Casino sets off as strongly as the preceding Elegant Gypsy. Egyptian Danza and Chasin' the Voodoo are chasing and furious indeed. Impressive fusion tracks. Dark Eye Tango and Senor Mouse will probably please lovers of Latin music: diverse and inspired, but with many sugary moments. Too happy and light for me I guess. Fantasia Suite is even happier but in a pleasing and captivating way. I don't think I would enjoy a whole album of this but just this one acoustic flamenco bit works perfectly well amidst the heavy electric fusion around it. The title track could have lifted this album from good to excellent but it disappoints. Much of the holy fire that ran through Elegant Gypsy has run out too fast.
Bonnek | 3/5 |