Taproban - Outside Nowhere  CD (album) cover

Taproban

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Indeed dear reviewers, first track is really special. Maybe striking like lighting from clear sky, but is one of the most prog intros I've ever heard (mostly because these first tracks are here usually for setting the mood, slowly preparing listener for what will come next). And right next track is epic of this album. Well, it's epic, that explains everything.

But in these tracks, there's one thing I can't take much. Do you know Cher's electronic voice modulator I suppose, so it's used here to from time to time. It's absolutely terrible and brings this music to its knees. Maybe I'm too much old-fashioned, but this shouldn't be used this way in prog music. But OK, keyboards counterweights it. And this concept story, when you allow them to influence your mind and judgement, it really helps to feel the entire story.

4(-) for average way of doing prog in new RPI style. With some better parts.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |