Power of Omens - Rooms of Anguish CD (album) cover

Power of Omens

4 stars Alright, at a 1st listen to R.O.A. I thought to myself "My god , what musical mayhem have we here". At times I could not find the 1. BUT after more and more listens I started to realize what a truly talented bunch of guys this is. The drumming is over the top "progressive" in every way. But be warned, it is also the most busy drumming I have ever heard. The voice can get very high, if thats a sour point for anyone.The last 5 songs are the best (in my opinion) This CD is VERY long. I have heard that they have been compared to early Queensryche. I do not see this, exept in the voice.The music is much more complex.
| 4/5 |