Mike Rutherford - Acting Very Strange CD (album) cover

ACTING VERY STRANGE

Mike Rutherford

progspotter
1 stars This is my first try to write a review - and the first difficulty was to find "THE" Album to review. Should I take the "best" one of my collection ? or the best of the last year? the one which made me a fan to progressive rock? It' s really hard work to find the album to start in this community - so I took my personal album list to search the one to start......... I decided - after some studies - to take the worst album I've ever bought. Why - because to elect this album was really no problem.

Mike Rutherfords second album is poor in every sight. The album cover is ridiculous - the sound very poor - the lead vocals are incredibly weak.... I remember when I played this album the first time, I stopped the player to look, if it is really Mike Rutherfords album or just a wrong one..... it is a try for simple structured pop-songs, nothing to do with prog, but also nothing for radioshows, because of its poor sound and compositions....

The best songs will be Maxine and Hideaway - but only because there is no material on this album to compare. As I said - it was easy to identify the worst album of my collection - that means out of nearly 2000 albums.....this one is only a piece for completitionists....

1 star is very generous...

progspotter | 1/5 |