Porcupine Tree - Coma Divine CD (album) cover

Porcupine Tree

3 stars Three stars might seem severe considering the average score for this album but it's how I see it: good but non-essential. On the plus side, the sound quality needs to be mentioned. I'm a big fan of live albums as long as the sound quality is fine and that's certainly the case here. On the minus side Coma Divine, although pleasant to listen, didn't give me lots of thrills. Do not expect the In Absentia and forward style. This is much smoother and hooks are absent, at least for me.

Another aspect that future listeners should notice, many songs are instrumental and even in the non-instrumental ones, voices are scarce. This is probably one of the reasons why I feel this album has the same mood from start to finish.

All in all a good album that ages well (and that's not always the case) but if you're a fan of newer and heavier PT albums be noticed that this is different music.

Obviously it's a personal review and others might disagree?

phillihp | 3/5 |