Kamelot - The Fourth Legacy CD (album) cover

4 stars Kamelot's The Fourth Legacy is essentially a power metal CD. There is not much prog in here that being said I am going to review this as what it is and how I enjoy it. The Fourth Legacy is the beginning of what I feel is the second phase of Kamelot. The first phase being there 1st 3 albums. There second phase beginning with The Fourth Legacy and ending with Epica. This album does not have the best production compared to the following albums released by Kamelot but, it works well. The sound of this album is characterized by fast paced guitars and drums with a symphonic keyboard sound in the background. And possibly the greatest metal singer of all time in Roy Khan. This album contains some great power metal song like "The Fourth Legacy" and "Until Kingdom Come". My personal Favorite is "Nights of Arabia" which has a Mideastern feel. Overall this is an album full of energy and fun. Its not complex but, I don't think Kamelot was going for the progressive metal style yet in there career. This is a great Symphonic Power Metal album.
kawkaw123 | 4/5 |