Prazsky Vyber - Vymlácený rockový palice [as Pražský Výběr II] CD (album) cover

VYMLÁCENÝ ROCKOVÝ PALICE [AS PRAžSKÝ VÝBěR II]

Prazsky Vyber

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
3 stars I wondered, how should I approach this. I admire their one album (from their best years). This band is considered as one of the best in this crazy-eclectic (nonsensical) style. Some members left and so frontman Michal Kocáb, except doing career in politics, reformed the group and made it again.

Title of album means ("Old Rock Headbangers") and so it is, their best years are gone, but, like the old dogs, they can still at least bark. Ty Vole ("Oh, Fuck") is experiment. How will Czech listeners take parts of Soviet hymn (or international, or how is the song called) and I have to say that Kocáb, anti-communist for sure meant it as a joke, or some kind of parody. But it's doesn't sound so good in it, bad memories it brings. But let's continue, it is still the same crazy rock, only the sound has changed. It's more worn, even still full of these crazy ideas I like. It even becomes pathetic somehow. Later on, more communism parodies appears (lyrical).

3(-), it is trying so hard to stick with current age and also progress somehow. It fails to some extent, but not completely. Note that latter half of this album is fat better than first one.

Marty McFly | 3/5 |