Hostsonaten - Autumn Symphony CD (album) cover

Hostsonaten

Rock Progressivo Italiano

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Symphonic, almost classical music here combined (only sometimes) with rock. And it's not everything, you can except bagpipes, RPI keyboards and (of course, I almost forgot), no vocals. Music that depends on you enjoying silent moments in it. It should be RPI, but it's not at all. Remember this fantasy-like group "Ainur" ? So As The Night Gives Birth To The Morning quite a reminds me it in the middle part, except then it turns into jamming groovy solo with dominant trumpet. Weird, but not bad. So far, all these things quite persuaded me that it's very good album, but does it belongs to masterpiece position ? Where's the "must-be-here" reason for this ? Nice flute and similar instruments in next track, Trees In November.

4(+), nope, even very good, there are too many silent parts for my taste. Very relaxating album, if you want to chill out in prog style. Equivalent to Lightbulb Sun a little bit.

And I believe it could be masterpiece for some. For example me.

Marty McFly | 4/5 |