Tomas Bodin - Sonic Boulevard  CD (album) cover

SONIC BOULEVARD

Tomas Bodin

Muzikman
4 stars "Sonic Boulevard" is Tomas BODIN's follow up to his successful second solo album "Pinup Guru". The trademark progressive-rock keyboards are evident once again but this time out jazz fusion makes a much stronger presence. At times, I felt I could have been listening to RETURN TO FOREVER or a similar group, the music is that polished and perfected.

I found this CD to be very tasteful and eclectic while maintaining a strong production value throughout. His band mates from The FLOWER KINGS, Jonas Reingold (bass) Zoltan Cs÷rsz (drums), help his cause as well. They manage to keep the TFK references to a minimum and allow BODIN to leave his own imprint on the sound, thereby making it a true solo album, not something for fans to compare to his full time gig. The more I hear the band members of TFK play on their own and together, the more I realize how each one of them is a star in their own right. This CD is more proof of that fact.

Rating: 4.5/5