A.C.T - Imaginary Friends CD (album) cover

IMAGINARY FRIENDS

A.C.T

Marty McFly
Errors and Omissions Team
4 stars Sweden, again. This country is decreasing the value of my 5-star ratings (just joke, this country is proving very prog at all). This one is another guilty pleasure, I feel very good when listening this, but yet I know that maybe I shouldn't. Nevermind, the feeling is the most important thing for me, let's leave all these negative (and unfair thoughts) behind and visit Sweden once again (not last visit I hope ... no, I know).

It's melodic. A lot, but not so much that it would make most people feel bad (every time, there will be someone complaining. Hopefully, because they present different point of view, as Prog-Jester keeps telling me from time to time. And that's good, because I keep forgetting this important fact, also from time to time). It's sometimes hard, like a metal, but in general, it doesn't induct feeling like listening something hard/heavy. I guess that melody element is softening it a lot. Vocals are very interesting, but while listening for example Hippest Flop I feel strange. Good, but again, it's perfect example of these guilty pleasures. Is it good to feel good, is it appropriate ? Well, let's assume that it is, for good sake of everyone. So my suggestion is that we should just enjoy it. That's biggest advantage of this record, but other parts are here too. These that makes goof prog album. Try to watch (hear) bass lines here (you'll be rewarded, don't worry), strings arrangement or these things.

4(+), remember, guilty pleasure ? But it's good to listen mostly these album you're sure you'll like.

EDIT: Can be quite tiring after some time. Not much you know, just it's too much emotions at one time from this album. Let's assume that it's very good album, right ?

Marty McFly | 4/5 |