Jumbo - Vietato ai Minori di 18 Anni  CD (album) cover

Rock Progressivo Italiano

4 stars I remember thinking this album was "pretty good" when I first bought the LP in the mid- 70's. I liked "Gil" the most, probably because it seemed edgy. I rarely listened to it. Then, in the early 90's, a guy at a record convention offered to trade a CD of the album for my LP (in fact, we did this with several Italian Prog albums; I had no idea at that time that this stuff was available on CD, so I was excited, and he wanted the LP's because he loves vinyl, and knew they were worth a lot of money). I listened to the CD "with new ears". Every once in awhile I'll find that an album I've had for many years is much better than I'd realized. Almost everything works here, and works well. It doesn't sound derivative, like so much Italian Prog. Someday I"ll have to check out their earlier albums.
soundsweird | 4/5 |